The most urgent projects for which we are currently looking for a Senior Linux consultant are below:
• Various BI (Business Intelligence) infrastructure projects
• Various Product Management projects
We are looking for people with infrastructure experience in at least one of the above, or with proven experience in the installation of enterprise software packages.
• As a system engineer with minimum 5 years of experience, the consultant will take up the role of a project team member (in several projects) and will report to a technical project leader and/or project manager. The desired performance of a system engineer will be followed up according to a clearly defined set of competences;
• As a project team member, the consultant needs to take up the role of infrastructure systems builder, for which a detailed role description is available, in this role the consultant will report to the infrastructure system manager who will (amongst other attention areas) keep the supportability of the ICT solution top of mind;
• (typically, the majority of support and operations work is performed from India, so an intercultural mindset is required);
Location: new office Zwijnaarde (in 2022), possibility to work from home (post pandemic) for up to 2 days per week;
Expertise level: Medior, preferably Senior;
Primary responsibilities of the assignment:
· Project team member responsibilities can be, but are not limited to: Installation and integration of (both new and upgrades of already existing) off-the-shelf software packages for the service centers Data Management, Information & Performance Watch, Co-Worker, Product, Customer & Marketing;
· These team member responsibilities can mean that planned (sometimes last-minute) project work needs to be executed outside of business hours during the week or during the weekend, depending on the impact of the IT change;
· Projects where the consultant may be staffed on include (but are not limited to) Business Intelligence (SAP BI platform, Tableau, SAS, various Informatica software) and Product Management (GroundLion, Product Information Management,…);
· Some of the real-life example infrastructure projects:
o Upgrade of Informatica Powercenter;
o Upgrade of SAS CPM;
o Upgrade of Tableau;
o Upgrade of SAP BI platform;
o Migration 360 Web;
o Setup of Data Vault infrastructure
· Strict compliance with the IT change process(es), reporting to the change manager of the team;
· As a DIMIS (Data & Information Management Infrastructure Services) team member, the consultant might be required to participate to group meetings, which may take place in English and in Dutch. This includes, but is not limited to, the global team meetings and “AI community” meetings;
· Additionally, the consultant will have a monthly meeting with the resource pool / team manager to discuss the planning (but other topics are possible, from both participants);
· The Infrastructure System Managers and/or hosting service delivery managers with which the consultant collaborates, may also be part of these monthly meetings with the team manager and the consultant;
· As a DIMIS (temporary) team member, the consultant will be assigned a partner in the team to help with the onboarding. The consultant is expected to build up a trusted relationship with this partner ASAP and to act according to the desired behaviors of our organization.
Secondary responsibilities of the assignment:
· As a system engineer, you give advice and implement continuous improvement actions in line with the expectations of the infrastructure system manager;
· As a system engineer, the consultant may need to take up the role of infrastructure systems manager (also called “asset owner”), for which a detailed role description is available, in this role the consultant will report to a hosting service delivery manager of the AI2 DIMIS team (may occasionally be the AI1 team);
· As a system engineer, the consultant may be required to automate using Ansible, Bash, Python…
· As a system engineer, the consultant may be required to give advice about and perform implementations in projects where containerization and/or cloud technology is being used;
· The consultant may be required to take up a technical project leader role, taking care of coordination within the Service Center Infrastructure as a Service and reporting to a project manager;
· This is a non-limitative list and additional responsibilities, part of the current and future Scope of Work of the team, may be assigned to the consultant.
Soft skills such as empathy and communicative capability are very important
Languages: English: required
Good ability to speak and understand: participate to and, when required, lead a meeting
Being able to read and write in Dutch is a plus
Experience as a System Engineer or other relevant working experience in the retail sector is a plus (but not a must)
Experience in technology / methodology:
Knowledge of various infrastructure domains is required: must be also experienced in Windows Server and very experienced in Linux, have knowledge of Active Directory and PKI;
Overall experience in upgrade projects for off-the-shelf (on premise) software packages in a system engineer role is a must;
A strong affinity with database technologies (DBMS and/or DWH and/or Big Data) including Data Vault is a plus
Hands-on knowledge with Kafka is a plus
Any knowledge of international best practice frameworks are a plus
Any system engineering related certifications are a plus
Consultant will be expected to help build craftsmanship towards team members with less expertise, which can be (but will not be limited to) organizing KTs (Knowledge Transfers). Typically, these KTs will take place in English and a willingness to work as part of a global team (people in Belgium and India) is a critical success factor in the collaboration;
Solution oriented thinking – You have a hands-on mindset and quickly notice potential issues. The consultant is a natural problem solver in an intercultural collaboration context.
• A permanent employee contract / Freelance.
• Real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and a well-established international track record.
• A strong learning and development program.
• A challenging environment, where collaborative working, and continuous self-improvement is the key to success.
• A good work-life balance.
• A competitive salary package (including meal vouchers, hospital insurance, etc.) and an open-ended contract.
Erik Govaerts +32 2 255 71 17 or [email protected]
Erik Govaerts +32 2 255 71 17 or [email protected]