WESTPOLE is currently searching for a L3 Network Engineer to join one of our clients in Brussels.
Belgium – International Organisations
NATURE OF THE TASK:
The L3 Network Engineer will integrate client’s Infrastructure Operations Team.
He will be responsible to :
• Maintain the network infrastructure.
• Acknowledge, troubleshoot and resolve tickets that are assigned to the team in a correct way.
• Escalate incidents internally or to 3rd party partners when required.
• Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific projects related to his/her specialty.
• Maintain the network infrastructure: Incident resolution, Problem resolution;
• Troubleshooting, co-ordination with third party suppliers as well as with the central IT department of the customer;
• Advises the project team and areas such as capacity management;
• Contingency planning, environment planning, configuration management and other relevant tasks related to the role;
• Design and implement network solutions;
• Maintains the relevant documents/manuals describing the network infrastructure;
• Participate in standby 7×24;
• Provides input for Incidents/Problems/Defects post closure analysis to the Incident/Problem Manager and/or the Technical Team Leader;
• Provides input to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions;
Employment and technical Requirements:
• At least 5 years of professional experience in the specific ICT domains as described below
• At least 3 years’ experience with :
- Switching and routing engineer (Cisco Nexus 9k, Catalyst; VRF’s and OSPF Routing)
- Wireless LAN Controller (Cisco)
- 802.1x / Cisco ISE
- Firewall Engineer (Checkpoint)
- Pulse Secure SSLVPN (if possible)
• Participating in standby (7*24) one week per month;
• Knowledge of ITIL V3 processes. Good communication skills.
What we offer :
A freelance contract or an open-ended contract with :
– real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector within a constantly growing dynamic company and a well-established international track record.
– a strong learning and development program.
– a challenging environment, where collaborative working and continuous self-improvement is the key to success.
– a good work-life balance.
– a competitive salary package, including meal vouchers, hospital insurance, pension insurance plan, etc.
The Network Engineer must have good interpersonal skills and must be a team player.
• English proficient (CEFRL Level: Minimum B2, Ideally C1)
• Preferable 2nd language: French
• On-site in Brussels, Belgium
• Bachelor or University degree in IT or equivalent by valid professional IT certifications in the domain of the network administration
• CISCO CCNA Routing and Switching
• CISCO CCNP Routing and Switching (plus)
Email:. [email protected]