We are looking for an all round system engineer to join our managed operations team. As system engineer in the managed operations team you will be responsible for the professional and technical work related to building, implementing, maintaining and supporting a multitude of environment for customers ranging from KMO to Enterprise level customers.
You will get the opportunity to be a driving force behind technological projects in multiple environments and leave your mark on the future growth of our company and that of our customers.
Your dynamic nature ensures that you can always keep up with the technological evolutions in a fast-moving market.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Manage, monitor and support installed systems and infrastructure
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of system and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, back-up and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase efficiency and lower human intervention time
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for an efficient problem resolution
- Degree in IT with a couple of years’ experience
- Analytical mind
- Excellent customer facing and service skills
- Stress resilient
- Strong will to learn and keep expanding knowledge
- Able to demonstrate initiative and proactivity
- Problem solver
- Bilingual (Dutch or French and English)
Nice to haves:
- Multiplatform experience and mentality is a necessity (Linux, Unix, Windows)
- Knowledge of storage solutions of different vendors (IBM and Pure Storage are a plus)
- Experience with IBM Spectrum Scale is also a big plus
- Experience with x86 and IBM Power architecture
- Knowledge in Virtualization
- Knowledge in back-up solutions (IBM Spectrum Protect (Plus), Commvault, Veeam are big plus)
- Experience with hardware renewal projects. (Implementation from hardware racking, cabling, infrastructure configuration up to OS install, config and migration)
- SAN / LAN / WAN
Above is our ideal image of “THE” all-round engineer. We know we ask a lot, but if you are willing to work with us towards the goal of becoming this all-round engineer we would love to speak to you! You bring the willingness, we’ll provide you with the tools and education possibilities.
- Knowledge of IBM Power and PowerVM technologies (VIOS, PowerVM, AIX, PowerLinux)
- Experience in public Cloud (AWS, Azure, …)
- Multi-cloud management