Our Consulting Services Department is currently seeking a Data Base Administrator to assist one of our client in Luxembourg.
Luxembourg – Consulting Services
As part of the team you will:
• You will be responsible for ensuring very high availability of databases, their performance and scalability in a context of strong growth of the company in a hybrid and multi-tenant environment
• You are comfortable with on-premises tenants and instances in local core tier 4 datacenter and ideally you have knowledge of Azure/AWS/GCP public cloud
• You will contribute, at the technical level for databases, to the implementation of the plan and to the production of the database portfolio under responsibility
• You will monitor and co-administer the system performance of clusters and their maintenance
• You will accompany migrations, optimizations, schema changes or changes in database engine technology
• You write scripts and review those written by other team members, you advise the development team on database best practices and follow up on their implementation
• You are constantly learning about technological developments in databases
• You will be able to make proposals and influence technical choices in a demanding environment
• Our technology stack currently includes but is evolving: SQL Server 2019, monitoring tools around SQL clusters (Redgate), IIS (C# applications), Elastic/Kibana/Grafana, Redis, RabbitMQ, VMWare and Linux
• You have significant experience with MS SQL
• You are familiar with SQL clusters
• You know how to explain an execution plan and what to do to optimize it
• You know which metrics to monitor to check the health of a database and diagnose a performance problem using tracing tools
• You are familiar with backup/restore tools and you have automatic maintenance operations to implement
• You have experience in managing and challenging large databases
• You are fluent in French and English(spoken and written)
• You are dynamic, rigorous and a team player
The following skills will be appreciated:
• You ideally have experience on Onprem to Cloud migrations
• You ideally have experience with one or more NoSQL engines
• You ideally have the knowledge to recommend to the infrastructure teams the system requirements of the databases used (RAID, ZFS, HDFS etc.)
• You ideally have knowledge of Active Directory
What we offer:
• Real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and a well-established international track record.
• A strong learning and development program.
• A challenging environment, where collaborative working, and continuous self-improvement is the key to success.
• A good work-life balance.
• A competitive salary package (including meal vouchers, hospital insurance, etc.) and an open-ended contract.
Diana Bungardean +352 661 956 520