We are currently seeking one or several Database Administrators for one of our clients. This position is opened to confirmed and junior candidates. An experience with or exposure to Oracle database will be a key criteria
Luxembourg – Consulting Services
Principal duties and responsibilities :
- Provide database support and troubleshooting for a number of business-critical applications coupled to the database architecture (mainly Oracle);
- Maintain optimal database performance by proposing database configuration/parameters according to application requirements and database infrastructure;
- Proactively manage data volume evolution by implementing capacity planning measures;
- Be the guardian of data security by implementing and maintaining control access permissions/privileges and monitoring security-related logs;
- Protect data integrity by developing, managing and testing database backup/restore and disaster recovery scenario;
- Develop and maintain database-related documentation (including data standards, procedures and definition for the data dictionary);
- Communicate with project and development teams to define database needs and constraints;
- Analyze, design and setup new databases according to BAU and project-related needs;
- Make sure databases constantly comply with existing regulatory and legal requirements, adapt and modify whenever necessary;
- Be involved in the evolution of the database infrastructure in tight collaboration with the infrastructure provider;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Oracle Database certification is a plus;
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
- Junior profile with good knowledge in Databases can be accepted.
- Hands-on knowledge of Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, PL/SQL; Oracle RAC; ASM; Multitenant; Oracle Exadata was an asset;
- Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred;
- Physical disk storage skills : understanding of disk hardware architecture, RAID implementation, cache controllers and disk load balancing;
- Data Security skills : understanding of relational database security including role-based security;
- Backup and Recovery skills : knowledge of third-party backup software, proven real-world experience in implementing backup and recovery methods. Knowledge of Oracle ZDLRA was an asset.
Personal Skills :
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
- Excellent Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
- Innovative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines;
- Effective time management;
- Mentoring / teaching ; willingness to share knowledge;
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution techniques;
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
What we offer
- Real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and a well-established international track record.
- A strong learning and development program.
- A challenging environment, where collaborative working, and continuous self-improvement is the key to success.
- A good work-life balance.
- A competitive salary package (including meal vouchers, hospital insurance, etc.) and an open-ended contract.
Loic Lemasson +352 3 90 32 61
Loic Lemasson +352 3 90 32 61