If you like working within Data Centers, conf. and installing new servers and administrating IT system, then this job might be for you.
We’re looking for a Data Centre Specialists for on-site, full-time, long-term missions within EU Parliament.
Belgium – International Organisations
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storages, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform (daily) backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site if needed (Veeam)
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures and coordinate and communicate accordingly with impacted teams
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls
- Administer active directory, rights managements, and ensure domain operationality.
- Interface on a regular basis with the IT department of the European Parliament
- Be a teamplayer
- Document and update plans and configuration documents
Make recommendations on:
- the design of the Data Centre and the AV Network,
- the purchase of hardware and software
Key Skills, Experience and Education:
- 4 to 6 years proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role in an enterprise environment
- 4 to 6 years proven experience with practical implementations such as architecture and technology selection, installation, configuration, test and operation.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot DHCP, DNS, Routing, VPN, IPSEC, (s)FTP(s), SSL Certificates
- Ability to troubleshoot Active Directory issues at forest level with multiple Child domain scenarios and understanding of end to end Group Policy infrastructure; where needed highly level scripting for random requirements.
- Expert knowledge with various operating systems and servers platforms (Windows, OSX, Linux) and management tools (JAMF)
- L2, L3 expertise in Networking with hands on experience of network troubleshooting tools, network monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Nageos, Dataminer), understanding of network protocols.
- Experience with databases (SQL clusters), networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management (WSUS)
- Thorough understanding of server virtualization (VMware VCenter and VSphere), and storage solutions and technologies (NetApp, QNAP, SAN/NAS/Tape Libraries)
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. IPS/IDS) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Experience with Oracle enterprise solutions is considered a benefit.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Proactive approach in a professional environment, ability to identify what is essential and to draw logical conclusions.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Video over IP standards (SMPTE 2022-6, IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol, AES 67, TR-03, TR-04…) is a plus