Our Consulting Services Department is currently seeking an Application System Engineer to assist one of our clients in Luxembourg.
Luxembourg – Consulting Services
As part of the team you will:
• Real experience, versatility, good general autonomy and rigorous work (tests, change management, production and documentation)
• The consultant must be well aware of the environment in which he/she evolves: critical financial sector, high SLAs, quality of service to users
• The consultant has to get the information she needs from her colleagues
• The consultant must be able to carry out his technical project by carrying out his analysis, his LPAR AIX or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) machine, the application installation, the tests, production start-up or migration, documentation, follow-up, security, etc…
• Advanced knowledge of the AIX or RHEL operating system
• The respect of administrative procedures and the organization in place is essential (regular reporting, electronic requests to other
• Regular reporting, electronic requests to other teams, timetables to be respected, etc.)
• Knowledge of good security practices (OS and application hardening, standard password changes)
• French language is essential for participation in meetings, writing and reading documentation
The role involves working in our UNIX team managing :
• 320 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7 machines, 90% of which are virtualized and which host
• critical applications for our users
• Power servers under AIX 7 using PowerVM/VIO (NPIV, SEA) with about 100 partitions managed under NIM hosting critical applications and databases (Oracle, WebSphere Application Server, IBM Spectrum Protect, Swift, etc.)
• The Open storage bays and systems
• All backup infrastructure (software and hardware)
The projects on which this person must have skills are :
• Participation primarily in various banking projects aimed at installing and setting up
• Participation in various banking projects aimed at the installation and implementation of banking applications, web or not, as well as version or platform migrations
• Participation in system work: system file augmentation, OS patching, upgrade to AIX,RHEL or application upgrades, installation of third party tools, scripting, backup setup, Nagios monitoring backup, configuration of monitoring under Nagios, daily maintenance of systems,securing systems, maintenance of banking or middleware applications, etc
What we offer:
• Real career possibilities in a fascinating IT sector, a constantly growing dynamic company and a well-established international track record.
• A strong learning and development program.
• A challenging environment, where collaborative working, and continuous self-improvement is the key to success.
• A good work-life balance.
• A competitive salary package (including meal vouchers, hospital insurance, etc.) and an open-ended contract.
Diana Bungardean +352661 956 520