The Junior/Senior Account Manager primary objective is to identify new business by hunting/farming and expand the existing clients by becoming a ‘trusted advisor’ and ‘consultative seller’ in the domain of the International Organisations business.
- Build a business development plan for your IO Accounts and track progress to make sure you meet/exceed your quota (prospect, detect opportunities, detect calls for tenders)
- Identify, develop and close business opportunities with both new and existing International Organisations
- Manage, own and drive the sales cycle/RFP process and work with presales and technical experts building a consortium if needed, determining the pricing grid.
- Negotiate and close large, high margin deals, meeting targets
- Manage strategic accounts, behave as a “trusted advisor”, understand the Institutions’ business challenges and strategic plans
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management (recording done in the CRM in place) , pipeline hygiene and sales execution against targets
- Become the customer sales expert in the International Organisations business market
- During the execution of a contract,
- each Account Manager (Farming activity) across the consortium (if any) receives DGs and bodies where he/she is the Single Point Of Contact (SPOC) for the whole consortium for the contract
- the SPOC Account Manager collects the informal requests, pro-actively presents CVs, introduces candidates in the interviews, receives and discusses feedback on the selected consultants.
- Handles any kind of exception with HR, Delivery Manager and Back-office
- Follows up customer complaints with the quality department
- Providing adequate reporting to the management
- Proven consultative seller with a track record in the International Organisations industry
- Is commercial in thinking and doing with an honest interest in the customers strategy
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to both IT and Business/non-technical audiences in a simplified way, explain the value and ROI of the proposed solution
- Experience in Information Management, Hybrid Cloud Technologies, Managed Services or Staffing and Sourcing is required. Experience in 2 or more of these domains is a real differentiator
- Hands-on and somebody who is able to “shape and see commercial opportunities” and takes initiative
- Strong French and English skills
Working at WESTPOLE, you’ll receive:
- An open-ended contract
- A competitive salary (including meal vouchers, hospital and group insurance, net allowances for telework, etc.)
- A smartphone + phone subscription
- The possibility to combine teamwork in the office with remote working days
- Real career possibilities with a possibility to follow trainings
- A good work-life balance
- A team of supportive colleagues who’ll make you feel at home
- The opportunity to turn these colleagues into friends during our numerous events, Friday drinks etc.
Interested? Don’t hesitate to apply by sending an e-mail to [email protected]